2011 is here and I am ready to focus on some key Resolutions for my fitness journey and life journey. I have checked and found recent studies showing that 52% of participants in a resolution study were confident of success with their goals, only 12% actually achieved their goals. Setting a path with specific goals and target dates seems to improve the success rate of keeping and achieving a resolution. Here is what I am going to do and how I am going to do it:
- Get back down to 210 pounds by February 18, 2011– I have worked on muscle tone and muscle building since March 2, 2010 and now it is time to find the right weight to maintain for my health and quality of life.
- Comfortably get into 32" jeans by March 2, 2011– This is the 2 year anniversary of the start of my journey to health and fitness. I have one pair of 32" waist jeans that I know I can get into with a little work!
- Logging Daily till at least Camp Kemo in June– I went off log for a while during the holidays. I know I am not ready to drop the log. 32 years of adult bad habits have not been erased by 22 months of developing good habits. I will need to continue to log to improve and reinforce my good health and fitness habits.
- Organize my junk in our house a minimum of one room a week till I am done– I am a clutter hound and set stuff aside to get to later! I want this to be my first step to clutter recovery! (this effort includes bills, car, closets and all)
- Finish the rewrite/3rd draft of my book by January 21st– I have struggled with my rewrite and need a hard timeline to get it done!
- Work with Polly to achieve each of our resolutions– We have never done this before and I feel it will help us both. We have talked about what our resolutions would be but never 'really' worked to support each other in them. This starts tonight. We are both putting our resolutions in writing and keeping logs!
My plan will include a monthly check up on the last day of each month. During this checkup I will assess my progress with Polly and set mini resolutions for the next month looking for continued growth of developing good life habits. I feel good about our opportunity to achieve success and plan to use the Honesty and Attitude in HAW to help me assess my/our progress. Each morning I will not only make an Honest assessment of my day before for fitness and health but all of my life's journey. I will do the same with picking a positive attitude each day.
Note to ME and YOU: Make a Resolution, Develop the Path, Assess your Progress, Succeed!
Loving Life and the Healthy Habits I am Developing!