New Year Resolutions!
Are you making New Year Resolutions? DO you want to make them STICK?!
Some common resolutions listed on usa.gov are lose weight, eat healthy, help others, get a better job, and manage stress. Tips for setting resolutions that stick:
- Start small – Make resolutions that you think you can keep. If, for example, your aim is to exercise more frequently, schedule three or four days a week at the gym instead of seven. If you would like to eat healthier, try replacing dessert with something else you enjoy, like fruit or yogurt, instead of seeing your diet as a form of punishment.
- Change one behavior at a time – Unhealthy behaviors develop over the course of time. Don’t get overwhelmed and think that you have to reassess everything in your life. Instead, work toward changing one thing at a time.
- Visualize – Imagine yourself being successful, whatever your goal is – try to see yourself each step of the way and think about how it will feel when you accomplish your goal.
- Monitor – Use a calendar an app, or a device like a fitbit to track your goals.
- Bounce back from slip ups – Everyone has ups and downs; resolve to recover from your mistakes and get back on track.
- Remind yourself why – New Year’s resolutions should be connected to your values, remind yourself why you are trying to lose weight (so you can be there for your family), etc.
ALL great resolutions and great tips. I have made a number of significant lifestyle changes in my 58 years, with losing 150 pounds being one of them. I can help you with your resolutions, especially the ones listed above. Contact me at here or at [email protected] . We deserve to connect and YOU deserve to find success with your lifestyle change!
Note to ME and YOU: If you are going to make a Resolution to better your life, MAKE IT STICK!