My New Year Resolutions are ready to get a grade for January. As you know, my main goal is on December 31, 2012 to say, "2012 was a great year!" So let's get to it.
Grade and Evaluate 2012 Resolutions/Goals:
- (B) Lose 34.4 lbs by March 31- I am happy I went from 244.4 on January 1st to 229.4 in February 1st, losing 15 pounds. What I am not happy about is I lost most of the weight in the first 6 days of January and the last week of the month. I need to be more consistent with MY eating habits, especially when I dine out.
- (A+) 150 straight reps of bleachers at Stoney Field by the end of March (I've done over 100 in the past)- I am completely stoked about this goal! I accomplished 122 straight reps on January 30th.
- (B-)Log diet and exercise daily- I have had several days where I did not log MY eating/diet very well. I need to work on this area for February.
- (B+) Audition for and appear on Big Brother and Survivor- Retooling MY body and preparing for the next cycle of videos and open casting calls with all I am doing. I think though strategies on how to p[lay these games with each intense workout I do. I actually want to be on both shows!
- (C) Complete my book by January 31- I have the draft complete and Polly is reading it now. She seemed happy with the first part this morning when we talked. I still think I have some work to do, some holes to fill.
- (C+) Develop a plan to market my book and story by January 31- I have the plan in excel, but it is not as formal as I would like. Info there, but needs more structure.
- (B-) Schedule all of my time in my Android and stick to it- I have done a pretty good job of this with book time, planning time, volunteer/committee time, and workout time. I could see myself slipping away from this so I need to pay attention.
- (A+) Blog 2 times a week on Tuesday and Thursday about what has worked and not worked for TheFatGuy- Good job at this and done each targeted day!
- (A+) No sugar in 2012! (this may be a lifetime decision!)- NO SUGAR IN JANUARY!
- (A) Do something nice and thoughtful for one person each day- I have this planted in my mind. I work each day at this. Nothing big> a kind word, a smile to the unsmiling, a laugh when I may not want to laugh, an attentive ear, and so on. I do a lot of volunteer work with nonprofits that is not counted here. I am looking for the smaller gestures that can mean so much to ME and another person each day.
Yes, MY plan to be SMART (SMART> Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely) and use SMART for my 2012 Resolutions/Goals is working. Unlike last year, I have set up some structure to deal with the 'big stuff' that life may throw MY way. Let's give "2012 was a great year!" just shy of a B+.
Note to ME and YOU: Grade your progress on a regular basis to achieve success!(next blog will be WHY?)